Mille Miglia Tour
MILLE MIGLIA 2022
Tour Dates: Will be announced later this Fall
Below find an announcement from the the Italian State Department that Italy will be official open to Americans as of June 21, 2021
From: email@example.com <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Sent: Tuesday, June 22, 2021 12:38 PM
Subject: Updated news as of June 21st – Italian National Tourist Board – Italy reopens to US travellers
The Italian Ministry of Health Ordinance of June 18, 2021 (GU General Series n.145 of 19-06-2021), effective from June 21, 2021, envisages the following updates as regarding entering Italy from the USA:
- the new Italian provisions on Green Certificate apply to the USA
- Entry from the USA into Italy can therefore take place by presenting, upon embarking, one of the three envisaged certificates to the carrier, and subsequently to the competent Italian Authorities:
1) anti-SARS-CoV-2 vaccination, including the completion (at least 14 days) of the prescribed cycle of one of the vaccinations recognized by the EMA. Those vaccinated in the U.S.A. can prove this via the “white card” bearing a CDC logo;
2) recovery from COVID-19 (with a medical certificate outlining any necessary information);
3) negative rapid antigenic or molecular PCR test carried out within 48 hours of departure (proved via certification from the laboratory that performed the test).
- entry from the U.S. via these Certificates exempt travelers from fiduciary isolation (so called “quarantine”) upon arrival in Italy.
- minors accompanied by a parent/caregiver with one of the above certifications must always take the pre-departure Covid test if they are 6 years old and over; minors under 6 years old are, in any case, exempt from the pre-departure Covid test.
- Even with these Certificates, all passengers entering Italy are required, prior to departure, to complete a specific location form in digital format (https://app.euplf.eu/). Alternatively (in the event of technical difficulties), passengers can compile the specific self-certification form in paper format
- Airlines are adapting to the new regulations also within the framework of USA-Italy Covid-tested flights, which will therefore comply the above-mentioned provisions
We missed this year’s Mille Miglia in spite of it having been held off until June 16, 2021. You can go on YouTube to find videos of this year’s rally. Enjoy. We will not have the dates for next year until later this year, but the itinerary will be the same as the 2021 itinerary shown below.
As always our Mille Miglia Tour is the only tour to the Mille Miglia where participants stay in Brescia not somewhere away from it. You will be there for the registration and sealing of the cars and the start of the Mille Miglia. On our tour, the Mille Miglia is not a sideline but the main event. The second half of the tour will be in Modena, the heart of Italy’s car country. It is home to Italy’s most famous car manufacturers, Ferrari, Lamborghini, Maserati, and Pagani and we will visit them all.
It is a tour for serious automobile enthusiasts which will excite the maddest petrol heads on the tour, but you can be assured seeing some of the best of Italy is no sideline either, nor is food and wine, and of course we can point you in the right directions when it comes to shopping.
The Italian passion for fast and beautiful cars runs deep in Italy and so is a passion for food and wine, it is a seductive combination and you will experience it all.
Our British associate Stephen Wheeler will be your host for the tour. He and his driver are both experienced carmen. Stephen has guided our tours for ten years and has been a tour guide in Italy for more than twenty years.
June 13 – Board your flight from USA to Milan.
June 14 – After arrival in Milan transfer to Brescia, the City of the Mille Miglia! After checking into the hotel which is one of the official hotels for Mille Miglia Drivers, the day is at leisure until we meet for dinner at a beautiful restaurant just a short walk from the hotel. Dinner included.
June 15 – This morning you will wake up to the roar of engines outside the hotel when Mille Miglia drivers take their cars to the Brixia Forum for the distribution of the starting number and road books. In the afternoon the sealing of the cars takes place in the old center of Brescia. We have reserved outdoor tables for the afternoon at Piazza Loggia where you can come and go to observe the cars close-up. You have the afternoon to mingle among the cars, talk to the drivers and take pictures. Dinner this evening is in a historic Trattoria frequented by many Mille Miglia drivers in the past. Breakfast Dinner included
Our Driver Bassam at Ferrari
June 16 – Last sport and technical checks at the Brixia Forum. We will take those interested in the technical aspect of the cars to the Forum where you can mingle with drivers. Afterward, we drive to Desenzano del Garda where the Mille Miglia gets underway. at 1:00 pm. Breakfast and Dinner included.
June 17 – Today we leave Brescia to drive to Modena in the very center of all famous automobile factories, museums, and private automobile collections. After Arrival visit the Enzo Ferarri Museum just a short walk from your hotel. Dinner today is a medieval hilltop town above Modena where we feast on Michelin-starred Modenese fare in a historic Locanda. Dinner and Breakfast included.
June 18– After Breakfast we visit the Maserati and the Lamborghini factory. In the evening Mille Miglia cars will arrive in Modena. You are on your to watch the cars arrive in town. . Breakfast included.
June 19 – Today the Mille Miglia cars will leave on their return drive to Brescia. In the afternoon we drive to the Parmesano Reggiano cheese farm of Alberto Pannini to visit his private car collection recalling the Maserati legend. After which we have dinner at Casa Pavarotti, a wonderful Restaurant adjacent to the home of the famous Opera singer. Breakfast and Dinner included.
June 20 – This morning we drive Maranello to visit Galleria Ferrari – there is a chance this year that we may be able to visit the Ferrari Factory even visit the factory which is only possible if someone owns a Ferrari, we keep you posted. At noon relax over a late lunch at Il Cavallino, the restaurant Enzo Ferrari built. In the afternoon we drop over to Galleria Ferrari which has every car ever designed by Ferrari. Afterward, we drive To nearby Bologna for an overnight stay. Breakfast and Lunch included.
June 21 – After breakfast transfer to the airport for your return flight home.
Tour Cost Self-drive Tour: Available as soon as we have the 2022 Dates
Included: Seat in MB minivan or self-drive
10-nights in 4-star hotels in the best locations, breakfast each day, dinners and lunches as stated in the itinerary, all including the best regional wines, reserved outdoor tables for the sealing ceremony in Brescia, visits to stated automobile factories and private automobile collections, seat in Minivan or self-drive car based on two to a car, a route book, GPS instruction page for self-drive cars and the services of our Italian Hosts and Posh Journeys.
International Airfare, gas and road tolls for and parking fees for self-drive cars, additional food and drink, and any item not mentioned in this itinerary.
Inquiries: email@example.com – Tel. 775.852.5105